HAMPSTHWAITE ACTION GROUP NEWSLETTER
Newsletter 6 9th September 2017
500+ signed the petition!
400+ objections received by HBC!
Fantastic press & social media coverage!
KEEP THE FIGHT GOING!
Sadly, this is only the beginning; there is still lots more work to be done as more bad news emerged this week.
- Sir James is submitting a planning application for HM9 (Birstwith Road) without waiting for the result of the district plan consultation.
- In addition, Sir James has submitted an application for 5 houses on the paddock opposite the church, the one that floods!
- Vernon & Co have submitted their planning application for HM4 & HM5 (Rowden Lane)
As Sir James is submitting a planning application before the outcome of the consultation we HAVE to object AGAIN & even more forcefully. Because HBC have no overall plan, unless we fight ALL these applications with the same determination – but more so, these plans will be passed.
The Brookfield Garth application has been referred back to HBC, on the grounds of: too many houses ,not enough green space & loss of public footpath. This means a fresh application and another consultation.
However, whilst all this is a massive challenge, if we want to preserve our village we MUST keep the fight going. As before, the action group and the Parish Council will do all it can to help and keep you informed – but your help & support is also needed.
- TUESDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER @1900 – VILLAGE ROOMS – ACTION GROUP MEETING
- WEDNESDAY 27TH SEPTEMBER 1600-1900. – MEMORIAL HALL – CONSULTATION RE HM9 AND THE PADDOCK PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE A LARGE PROTEST OUTSIDE THE HALL TO DEMONSTRATE OUR OBJECTION TO THESE PLANS.
- TUESDAY 17TH OCTOBER @1945 – MEMORIAL HALL -PUBLIC MEETING TO INFORM EVERY ONE OF THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS AND PLAN OUR NEXT MOVES.
Keep all your friends and neighbours informed.
Find us on Facebook: HANDS OFF HAMPSTHWAITE VILLAGE